Day 1 - Monday May 8th

 Hi there,

Today was the first day of senior project and my first blog. The weather conditions today were unfortunately very windy so we did not get to go flying but got to learn on the ground. I got a nice workout and some studying in before heading to the airport for the afternoon. We began by reviewing the four fundamentals of flying: taking off/ascending, descending/landing, flying straight and turning. Then we looked at some charts and learned about weather patterns as well as radio commands and more. Then we looked at a map of the airport and learned more about communicating with air traffic control on the radio. Next, we went out to the plane and learned all the basic controls. We went through both the exterior and interior checklists and there was so much information it was very overwhelming. But, I will be studying more tonight and hopefully will be able to retain it well. Although I was disappointed not to be able to get up in the air today, I was glad to have built some nice groundwork for when I do get the chance to fly. I am looking forward to what lies ahead in this project! 

In total, we were only able to have 2 hours of instructed work today because of the weather but also got about 2.5-3 hours of review and studying in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Reflection

Day 3 - May 10th

Day 4 - May 11th