Day 3 - May 10th

 Hey there, 

Today was yet another amazing day up in the sky. It started off early with some exercise and studying about two hours working on my traffic commands, and then we went to the airfield. We began the session with another weather briefing on the iPad, and worked through the airmets, notams, and more. Then, we got out to the plane and completed our interior and exterior checking, before turning on the plane and taxiing to runway 30, different to runway 35 we had used the previous day. My instructor did most of the work taking off but I mirrored his controls to get the feel of how it works. Maybe we will try taking off next time. Once we got off the ground, I took over and was responsible for our climb to 3,000 feet, our cruising altitude. Then, I worked a lot on turning to specific headings on my gyrocompass and making sure I was using the right amount of bank angle to level out in the right location. Then, I headed back towards the airport based on the gps and turned us towards the runway, and then the instructor landed the plane. I didn’t take photos this time because I was flying almost the whole time but it was a great day. I felt much more comfortable overall by the end.

Comments

  1. Get a little GoPro footage for the people! Give the people what they want!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Reflection

Day 4 - May 11th