Day 7 - May

 Hi blog,

Today was an awesome day flying. I had a great time. In the morning, I got up and had a nice study block because I had a later flying session, so I got a nice 3 hours of studying in. I worked on some more of the charts as well as reading more about stalls and emergency circumstances. Then, when I got to the airport, I did the preflight all by myself and we didn’t hesitate to get up in the air. I taxied to the runway and did a pretty decent job taxiing, so I was happy with that. Once we got in the air we practiced emergency engine failure simulation, and I had to take the engine to full idle, find a place to land, and come within 1000 feet of landing there before brining in more power and climbing again. After, we worked on some turns around a fixed point on the ground which I found challenging because it was hard to understand how to adjust my bank angle to account for the wind in my turns. I also practiced some S turns over a power line which I enjoyed. After, I came home, studied for 3 more hours, and went for a run. Overall a great day but tomorrow may be too windy to fly. 


Total hours today = 8

Project total 

46.5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Reflection

Day 3 - May 10th

Day 1 - Monday May 8th