Day 8 - May 17th


 What’s up blog,

I studied for 3 hours this morning and then went to the airport. Today was very windy so we couldn’t go flying. So instead, we did some ground work planning a cross country flight from concord to rutland. We did lots of math and calculations and unit conversions to determine what waypoints we would fly to at what headings, our wind correction angles, calculating our ideal speeds, flight time, fuel consumption, locations of top of descent and top of climb, and more. This was a very intense process but I enjoyed it. I noticed many similarities between this and the navigational skills I learned on ocean classroom. Afterwards, I practiced more of these math skills for 3 more hours. My total hours today was 8 and my project total is 55.5

Here’s a pic of some of what I did today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Reflection

Day 3 - May 10th

Day 1 - Monday May 8th