Day Two - May 9th




 Today was our second day of the project and first day up in the air. After waking up and eating some breakfast, I reviewed some of the material I had learned yesterday for about an hour and a half. I went over the radio commands and pre-flight checklists, and also did some reading in one of the documents our instructor provided us on aerodynamics. Then, it was time to head to the airport where I got my first chance at flying. We started with a weather briefing, and then moved to the interior and exterior checklist before our checklist for starting the plane, taxing, and taking off. I got to steer the plane down the taxi way and onto the runway, and my instructor did the rest of the work calling in the radio and taking off because I did not have much experience in me. Once we got off the ground and leveled out at about 3000ft, I took over the controls and practiced climbing, descending, and turning. It was a little overwhelming at first and the wind was a bit rough, but I got a little more of the hang of it by the end. The total length of my session at the airport was slightly over 2 hours. I had a great time flying and once I went to the gym I went home to do some more reviewing for about an hour. I will probably do an hour more tonight. We also flew over proctor which was super cool.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Reflection

Day 3 - May 10th

Day 4 - May 11th